Wednesday 2 December 2009

Booklet



I wasn't happy with the darkness of the poster so i went pack and messed around with the brightness of the image



I'd also added the caption for the photo credits.


I also added this logo, as ActionAid's booklet they sent to me contained this logo

I continued the work on the reverse of the booklet aswell, trying to replicate the imagery used on the poster side and after the crit was trying to incorporate mad colours into the products.

I wanted to use the pantones ycn supplied but the only one that remotely worked was the yellow and even that looked weird against the red.



Got the image to work, but was a different red to my front image i had previously created, and it made it harder for the white imagery to stand out.

So i tried messing around with just the colour, with no image. It went a pastelly orange colour.
I tried lowering the opacity of the photograph, but that made it harder to see which i didnt want to do. These are real people and their real stories, can't hide it fully behind another illustration
I also got the yellow boxes to an opacity i thought worked, but this is wasted as the paper i want to print on is an recycled colour anyway


Not too sure about the imagery, reminds me too much of a bank diagram or something.

I took the contact form off the back to leave it blank, as i felt there was too much text.



I added some text on the back outlining the different ways to go about donating, as i thought this information was lacking from the rest of the leaflet.

I also created this as a welcome note/small flyer to advertise action aid and bollocks to poverty more. It will go into my welcome back.


No comments:

Post a Comment