Monday 30 November 2009

Rinse Clothing presents Sleaze - Evaluation

Photos from the sleaze complete packaged shoot.







This was supposed to be my longest brief, i wanted to go all out but i screwed up and didn't plan my time properly and ended up producing mediocre prints. I am not entirely thrilled with the outcome. I think this is my weakest brief and has definitely taught me the most.

I dithered with ideas back and forth and didn't make decisions quick enough. If i want to continue making t-shirts i want to have custom labels, quality t-shirts and packaging. I think with this brief i started to rush it thinking i dont have enough time to complete another brief, but i guess i do.

Although the concept of political scandal is not shown directly through the imagery, i still think they have a selling point. Halftone graphic t-shirts are in at the moment and i believe i could create some unique imagery. Although a little too late i managed to find a supplier of american apparel t-shirts ( http://www.fifthcolumn.co.uk/). I wasnt happy with the way my labels came out with the college facilities, and i need to find a way to sew them in properly and neatly. I also was able to find a label printers http://www.britishtags.co.uk/wovenl.asp - funnily they have an office in leeds.

I think for me t-shirts is a way of expression and more of a hobby than something i'd want to do as a profession, with that in mind i'm going to produce t-shirts as extra curricular work rather than for module submission, its off my own back then and won't jeopardise my marks for module hand in. However, there has also been some plus sides to this module. I got to try out in design and produce a little book - i was able to learn about master pages and creating grid systems, baseline grids. But again i was rushing i think with more planning and insight i could have produced a high quality book and perhaps got it professionally printed. As part of PPD i've been approaching different printers and looking into it as a profession. I'm looking forward to producing more books. Also in April a few of us are planning to enter the Leeds University Book Fair, i plan on producing a few screen printed books. Not entirely sure on what for now tho but its something to think about over christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment